Does anyone have experience with a good sounding SUT for this cart. I know very limited but thats what I got. Cartridges and styli - Lenco. Denon dl-103r step up transformer. I noticed a marked improvement in the soundstage and if anything a little too much highs, this was also the reaction of two other experienced listeners who were over last Sat.
Thanks much for your feedback and advice in advance.
This cartridge is a revised version of the DL1and has a slightly lower output voltage of 0. V, but has the advantage of a significantly lower source . Moved this question here from the Entry thread. What the heck does a step - up transformer do? Why use the step - up trannie in addition to phono stage?
Can somebody explain to me what might be the optimal situation in which step - up transformer is used? However, I use it with a DL - 1and a Shelter 5II and my Budgie phono preamp with good. Having not found the answer by using a search, I am wondering what a good choice of SUT would be for my Techne Audio modified DL - 1with a boron cantilever and Shibata stylus?
The T-transformer has been engineered on the same principle. Ortofon T-MC Step - Up Transformer. Type of unit: transformer. The idea of using a step up transformer between a moving coil phono cartridge and an active phono preamplifier seems like an ideal solution for boosting the. It demands proper tonearm compliance (i.e. high moving mass) and rated at just 0. So how has this fussy cartridge, dedicated for the broadcast industry . Step - up transformers (SUT) match low-output moving-coil pickups to standard phono preamps.
Must have an additional gain stage added in between this transformer and the phono preamp. Auditorium transformers. Is the Lundahl around the same price point as the AU-300LC?
These are my research notes gathered in preparation for assembling a few different step - up transformers to be used in my system. I tried going direct into the preamp, but the tube noise was just too much. Come to think of it, with a really good pre-preamp, or a top quality modern transformer , the DL103M might be . My step up transformer is . With my 90X, I have compared it to the much more expensive Bent Audio MU and EAR MC-4.
And the 13:step up ratio is really perfect for the slightly . We offer a range of exceptional step - up cartridge transformers (SUT) suitable for most cartridge impedances and a choice of ratio. In general Moving Coil cartridges work best when connected to a load impedance at least ten times the cartridge impedance.
Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar
Bemærk! Kun medlemmer af denne blog kan sende kommentarer.